The village hall was built during 1925 as a memorial to the men who lost their lives during the First World War. Around twenty percent of the population took part in that conflict and forty nine men were killed, a considerable number where all of the residents were affected. The building cost in the region of £2000 and was funded through donations from the community who gave what they could afford. Annually these servicemen along with those that were killed in the Second World War and subsequent wars are remembered each November on Remembrance Sunday where poppy wreaths are laid under the plaque on the wall where all of their names are inscribed on a granite slab. See section on World Wars..
Over the years the hall has had various facelifts and side hall extensions to make the hall more suitable for the various activities held within the hall and it is now a very integral part of the village.